Research Fellowship for Ukrainian Scholars at Risk
The University of Tübingen offers a number of support options for people affected by the war in Ukraine. All information can be found on the Solidarity with Ukraine website of the university of Tübingen. In particular, this PDF outlines a specially created Research fellowships for researchers at risk from Ukraine.
Here a short summary of the key facts in HTML format for easier viewing and sharing. Please refer to the above PDF for up-to-date and binding information.
Who is eligible?
- Researchers (postdoc, group leaders and professors) from Ukraine in all fields of research.
- In exceptional cases, PhD candidates can also apply for a bridging fellowship
How much is the funding?
Fellowship per month:
- PhD fellowships: 1.468,- EUR
- Postdoc fellowships: 2.350,- EUR
- W2 professor fellowships: 2.650,- EUR
- W3 professor fellowships: 3.150,- EUR
Travel expenses for travelling to Tübingen up to 1.500,00 EUR (documented costs)
Monthly child benefit
First child child: 400,- EUR, each additional child: 100,- EUR
Length of stay: up to 12 Months
Arrival time: any time
How to apply?
Applications should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
List of the necessary documents (in German or English):
- Letter of support of the hosting professor at the University of Tübingen, incl. statement about the risk situation of candidate
- Cover letter with a personal statement of candidate about the individual risk situation, in German or English (max. 1 page)
- Optional: Existing assessments of risk from third parties can be added as a supplement
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Certificate of language proficiency (English or German)
- List of most important publications (max. 10, max. 1 page)
- Contents of proposed research (max. 2 pages)
- PhD certificate (or M.Sc. certificate for PhD candidates)
- Completed doctorate or comparable academic degree (for PhD candidates M.Sc. or comparable degree)
- Comprehensible risk situation (personal statement by the applicant; Existing assessments from third parties can be added as a supplement)
- Having the language skills required to successfully conduct their research projects (at least English)
- Having academic qualifications (e.g. publications)
- A professor at the University of Tübingen who is willing to host the candidate is essential (if not yet available, please contact Ms Tetyana Tonkoshkur - see contact).
For questions regarding the application process please contact (Ms.) Tetyana Tonkoshkur
Phone: +49 7071-29-75005
How to find a host group?
The ML in medical image analysis group can host any successful applicants interested in the broad space of machine learning in medicine. In case of interest in working in our group, please contact Christian Baumgartner for any questions.
Other groups working on various aspects of machine learning can be found on the website of the Cluster of Excellence – Machine Learning and via this overview page about ML in Tübingen. Of course, we cannot speak for other groups' ability to host potential researchers.
For research in any other field please refer to the website of the University of Tübingen.